Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well, hello there . . .

About once a year, I start a new blog.  It's typically when I'm on break from school and have the extra time to devote to things-other-than-my-studies.

I really love the idea of blogging.  You put some words up on a page that you (kind of) designed yourself, and other people read them.  They get inside your head, because you're allowing them to do so by putting those words on that page on the Internet.  Blogs are an awesome way to be helpful; to be informative; to be snotty; to overshare; and to get your 15 minutes of fame.  They're also a great way to entertain and amuse, as well as educate.

Blogs, however, take some stamina.  You can have the very best of intentions and never, ever follow through with them.  This is what I typically do - start the blog, give it a clever name, write a handful of posts, and then once the school year or semester starts back up again and I'm forced to study for over 40 hours per week, in addition to working, volunteering, and trying to still be a halfway-decent wife, well . . . the blog isn't exactly still high on my priority list.

And every time this happens, when I start the next one, I tell myself - "This time, it will be different.  I'll stick with it."  I never, ever do.

But hey, it never hurts to try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment